dinsdag 17 maart 2009

Macba

                  



Enjoying Barcelona, searching for art. You'll have to visit Macba. A building contrasting with everything about Barca. Inside the quieteness of a real museum. this feeling seems to be very universal. So funny that I am really enjoying this feeling. Doesn't matter where I am, when I am in a museum I feel at eas, a recognisable place for me.
There where two exhibitions from for me two unknown artist Thomas Bayrle. I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore and Rabascall. Production 1964-1982. 
Maybe I had to start with Rabascall to enjoy it more but that means that I was really impressed by Thomas Bayrle. (Berlin 1935)
At first I saw his work as being made by a younger person. I enjoyed the work even more when I saw they where made in the '60. Amazing to see the complicated structures he drawed. Drawings which seems to be made by a computer. 
Something we would do now easily.
When entering his exhibition space you'll face a huge wall covered with different drawings/paintings in the way I semy explained. By repetition of a object he creates one image contrasting or from the same thing. It looks very graphic and I think people would categorise it as pop art. He refered in some to Andy Warhol and Rene Magritte. All in all a very colourful fresh complicated wall. 
Further in the exhibition space his work became more political and conceptual. With reference on world leaders, composers, killers and artist. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten